Thanks to its deep and well recognized expertise in electrochemistry, De Nora provides the know-how and skill, to work hand-in-hand with our partners to fully develop and launch market-based innovative solutions for a variety of processes.
The tool used to structure these kinds of collaborations is a Joint Development Agreements (JDA).
JDA represent a way for De Nora to:
- Develop complete solutions to meet the customers requirements and satisfy direct sales need in the market;
- Streamline our R&D and testing capability, accelerating and making more efficient product development initiatives;
- Start long-term collaborations, usually becoming a “commercial” agreement at the end of the development phase;
- Dilute/reduce risk in product development;
Typically, with these types of projects, De Nora oversees design, testing and supply of the electrochemical part of the process (electrochemical cell/stack or balance of plant/stack, etc.) or key components of this (coatings, electrodes, cell components, etc.).
Other ways we collaborate with our customers:
- Test Agreement: Allows for the testing of one or more De Nora products in the customer's equipment and evaluate the necessity for a further customization/evolution that could then lead to a more structured JDA;
- Collaboration Agreement: Allows for the development or implementation of complex solutions in partnership but not “Jointed”.
At times, our company, adopting a B2B business model, supplies only some parts of a more complex system / plant.
In this regard, De Nora is open to a collaboration agreement (CA) in partnership with companies that own the full process/market knowledge and can therefore reach the final customer.